September 28, 2013

Blues By The Sea

"Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality."

Post #30

I love the blues....The Amelia Island Bluesfest had been on my calendar for several months now, and the date had finally arrived... me like.

When I got to Glory Days on Friday, September 13,  I was surprised to see that the main stage was located only about 200' from my boat... nice.  I now had a "birds ear" location to hear all the great blues bands ahead and a VIP ticket to be at the front row to enjoy one of my favorite hobbies... photography. 

Unpack the car, open open up the boat, and let the good times flow.  The night began with a free concert in the streets of Fernandina with the  Castilla Band opening up the 2 day event... nice... 


Glory Days and the main stage in the background... me like  :)

The Albert Castiglia Band bringing in the evening...

See main street below... They shut down Center Street and rock on....





The evening also brought another picture perfect sunset  as you can see here.  This is a great marina, Fernandina Beach Marina, because the location is right smack dab on the Intracoastal Waterway, facing west for some of the finest sunsets I've seen... but then again, they all seem better now that I get to view them from my own sailboat.


Saturday brought on a whole new group of blues bands beginning at 11:30 a.m.... things started out slow, but before long it was a great day of rockin' blues featuring some great acts like Claudette King, Zac Harmon, Mud Morganfield, Roger Hurricane Wilson, and the lovely Ana Popavic, quite the guitar maestro....did I say I love the blues?.... so simple, 12 bar blues, but so passionate... Mark your calendar for the 2nd week of September next year...


Claudette King, B.B.s  little girl
Josh Miller Band
Ben Prestage, the one man band
She never stopped...

Nor did Ana Popavic as seen below...
                                                    







Ana Popavic, The Yugaslovian Blues Killer
Zac Harmon Band





Son of Muddy Waters, Mud Morganfield...

His and Her rock and roll shoe wear...

                                                    




Good Night All...






No comments:

Post a Comment