December 29, 2013

Partying With Pelicans





"A wonderful bird is the Pelican.
His beak can hold more than his belly can.
He can hold in his beak
Enough food for a week!
But I'll be darned if I know how the helicon?"

Dixon Lanier Merritt


I can't help it… there's just something about the pelican that stops me in my tracks… what a beautiful intricately ordinarily goofy bird she is…. if you find yourself rowing your inflatable boat outside the Atlantic Seafood Company you might time it just right when the workers in the seafood shop come outside to dump all their fish scraps… yep, you guessed it, all the pelicans and wannabes come in droves to hit the heist of good vittles… they actually get pretty greedy with it, attacking one another and generally going for the gusto to get a bite of the goods…

So as I rowed nearby, here's a few random pics I was fortunate to get just as the sun set… Rowing is like yoga… it's relaxing, it's stretching, it's spiritual and should be practiced daily by this young sailor…. especially when perky pelicans are around… enjoy… 

what's happening below is a feeding frenzy.  A highly competitive gamesmanship assault on the fish scraps tossed out by Atlantic Seafood Co…. nobody got hurt and everybody got something out of it… including me.









He's outta here..
His pouch was bulging over full of a huge fish… slowly it was digested...

hmmmm… wazzup?
You talking to ME?

Dude, you want a piece of ME?!!
this is my domain.



And so, I say we let the pelicans and the buzzards, and the gulls and the terns co-habitate, and gravitate,  to the daily offerings provided by Atlantic Seafood…. work in harmony peace-brothers, there's always more tomorrow…

Catch you later...




No comments:

Post a Comment